Sunday, September 7, 2014

A KINGDOM HEART – XLII

FUNDAMENTALS OF DISCIPLESHIP

A KINGDOM HEART – XLII

Hebrews 10: 5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O Elohim.
8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O Elohim. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Yahushua Messiah once for all.

Last week’s post ended with this comment: 
He (David) knew he had to develop a dependency upon the strength of
his redeemer if he was going to succeed in maintaining a pure heart
before Elohim.  So, too, should we.  The question is, how desperately do
we want this?  The answer to that question will reveal whether or not we
are a disciple…or just a believer.
 
 





There is a clear message both taught and demonstrated throughout the New Testament; and that is, the gospel of Messiah Yahushua is to produce disciples. Faith in Yahushua is to produce a life that yearns for and is committed to the performance of the will of IAUE. What we see in practice today is a belief system that has produced a religious culture that accommodates believers doing whatever they please, controlling the course of their own lives.  This mindset is alien to the Scriptures.

“The Lists” exercise (see WBS006, June 2, 2013) terrifies believers because it exposes the intensity of their resistance to the will of IAUE and their rebellion against His authority to rule their lives.  They do not want brought into the light what they have so carefully kept in the dark because it upsets the comfortableness of their delusion that they can walk in darkness and still enjoy the fruits of the children of light.  Disciples, on the other hand, relish the exposure of anything within them that would dare to interfere with their performance of their Father’s will; hence, James words “count it all joy when you endure divers temptations,” because the experience of temptation exposes to the light wicked desires rooted in the heart and/or mind that must be eradicated lest they interfere with our true desire to serve IAUE.

One of the most popular verses quoted by Christians today is:

Psalm 37:4 Delight thyself also in IAUE: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

They envision that by embracing the religious culture of Christianity this will guarantee that IAUE will give them a better job, a better car, a better house, the perfect spouse, etc.  All such desires betray the fact they have not delighted in IAUE.  Look at how David expressed his delight.

Psalm 119:16 I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.
Psalm 119:24 Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counselors.
Psalm 119:35 Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.
Psalm 119:47 And I will delight myself in thy commandments, which I have loved.
Psalm 119:70 Their heart is as fat as grease; but I delight in thy law.
Psalm 119:77 Let thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for thy law is my delight.
Psalm 119:92 Unless thy law had been my delights, I should then have perished in mine affliction.
Psalm 119:143 Trouble and anguish have taken hold on me: yet thy commandments are my delights.
Psalm 119:174 I have longed for thy salvation, O IAUE; and thy law is my delight.

David’s delight was in learning, understanding and doing the will of IAUE.  He delighted in IAUE; so what kind of desires did this produce within him?

Psalm 27:4 One thing have I desired of IAUE, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of IAUE all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of IAUE, and to enquire in his temple.

Psalm 73:25 Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee

David’s desire was for more of IAUE; not to be distant from Him; but to be near Him to behold His beauty and to sit in His presence.  IAUE Himself was the object of his desire.  Yahushua had the same desire, and explained this to his disciples:

Matthew 6: 28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30 Wherefore, if Elohim so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of Elohim, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

The material needs of this world should no longer occupy a place of concern or even planning in the life of a disciple.  The Father knows what we need.  Supplying those needs is His job.  Devoting ourselves to the loving performance of His will is our job.  This brings us to today’s verses.

Hebrews 10:7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O Elohim.
8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O Elohim. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

Messiah came to set aside the Torah which was powerless to change men’s hearts; and to replace it with…A WILL, a DESIRE…a desire to do the will of IAUE.  He told his disciples that he did always those things that pleased his Father; and that he did nothing unless he first saw His Father do it.  Yahushua had one desire…one thing…to attend to every word coming forth from His Father’s mouth; coupled with an earnest desire to do absolutely anything and everything He wanted him to do.

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Yahushua Messiah once for all.

We are sanctified, set apart unto Elohim, by having that same will…the predisposition to hear and obey the will of IAUE.  If we merely believe the stories about Yahushua; if we merely believe the doctrines we are taught, and never experience the life consuming desire to do the will of IAUE, we are no more separated unto IAUE than those who regard the Bible stories as myths or irrelevant.

Hebrews 12:14  Pursue peace with all men, and the sanctification without which no one will see IAUE.

That which separates us unto IAUE, that which makes us different from the rest of the world, is the sanctifying will to do His will. 

Kingdom heart: a heart that offers no resistance to the performance of the will of IAUE.


No comments:

Post a Comment